Diploma in Veterinary Assistant & Animal Welfare
Turn your passion for animals into a job you loveThis practical Diploma in Animal Welfare includes fundamental care techniques for a variety of animals, including cats, dogs, rabbits and birds. Learn what a typical day looks like for a Veterinarian, some common health issues experienced by domestic pets, basic first aid for animals and how to approach rehabilitation for domestic animals. Plus, you can study animal welfare NZ wide as this completed 100% online. Enrol to join the animal health care industry or work towards becoming a Veterinary Assistant NZ-wide.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Grow your love for Animal Care
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Learn about compliance with infection control policies & procedures
- Understand how to assist in the healthcare of animals
- Understand conservation, disease, and healthcare across a range of species
- Learn a new skillset online at your own pace
- Gain confidence and get ahead in a competitive industry
- Covers basic first-aid and rescue techniques
- Includes administration training for Veterinary services
- Introduction to Animal Care
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Husbandry of Dogs
- Husbandry of Other Species
- Common Diseases of Dogs
- Common Diseases of Other Species
- First Aid, Accidents and Emergencies
- Handling and Safety
- Veterinary Health Care and Procedures
- Training and Behaviour
- Introduction to Cells and Tissues
- The Digestive System
- The Circulatory System
- The Urinary System
- The Nervous System
- The Reproductive System
- Muscles and Meat
- The Skeleton
- Animal Growth, Development, and the Endocrine System
- Comparing Different Animals
- Introduction to Animal Health
- Common Health Problems
- Animal Behaviour
- Signs of Ill-Health
- Veterinary Facilities
- Safety Procedures
- Administration of Animal Health
- Animal First Aid
- Preventative Health Care
- Routine Treatments
- Health Problems in Domestic Pets
- Rehabilitation Care
- Introduction to Animal Health & Diseases
- Signs and Symptoms of Diseases
- Disease Classification
- Causes and Diagnosis of Disease
- Treatment of Disease
- Fever and Immunity
- Tissue Repair
- Cell Changes
- Introduction to Natural Animal Health Care
- Signs of Ill Health
- Natural Nutrition for Animals
- Holistic Health Care – Maintaining Health
- Holistic Health Care – Treating Health Problems
- Animal Diseases & Health Problems (Domestic Animals)
- Animal Diseases & Health Problems (Livestock)
- Scope and Nature of Animal Welfare
- Psychology and Sentience
- Managing Animal Welfare
- Animal Protection Services
- Animal Rescue Services
- Animal Health Services
- Animal Welfare for Pets, Work Animals and Animals in Sport
- Animal Welfare for Farm Animals
- Animal Welfare for Wildlife: Free and Captive
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $345
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $345 discount, with an 8 business day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
This course costs $1,299 + GST or only $25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 360 hours, and you’ll have up to 12 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could obtain work in the Animal Care & Welfare industries.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 0800 342 829 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. Employers often approach The Career Academy looking for students and advertise jobs in our Career Centre, which you can access once enrolled. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 8 day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee*.
The Career Academy Diploma in Veterinary Assistant & Animal Welfare is a great way to learn what it takes to become a Veterinary Assistant.