Diploma in Payroll Management
This is one course that will really pay offLooking to be the next stand out candidate in the numbers game? Well, here’s your opportunity. The Career Academy Diploma in Payroll will enable you to gain an intermediate level of knowledge and a strong understanding of payroll legislation and software, plus how to organise and analyse data in Excel. This practical course will set you up to be effective and efficient with some of Excel’s extended features, plus you’ll learn how to process payroll using payroll software.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Get qualified & Earn More
Upskill in Administration
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Learn the fundamentals of payroll legislation, payroll software and administration
- Obtain a major understanding of how to process payroll
- The Career Academy is a Xero Education Partner – receive the official Xero advisor certification on completion
- Receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email
- Gain an industry and employer recognised certificate – with an endorsed course on your CV
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time.
- Be qualified and earn more with a new job or promotion
- Fundamentals of Payroll
- Understanding Key New Zealand Business Legislation
- Introduction to Xero Online
- Setting up Xero Payroll
- Managing Payroll Items with Xero
- New Employees & Leave Requests with Xero
- Pay Templates in Xero
- Pay Runs in Xero
- Payslips & Payroll Reporting with Xero
- Employment Payment Summaries with Xero
- Certificate in Xero Payroll Assessment
- Installing MYOB Payroll & Introduction
- Setting up an MYOB Payroll File
- Setting up Employee Pay Details
- Preparing & Processing Pays with MYOB
- Managing Leave with MYOB
- Preparing Payroll Reports with MYOB
- MYOB Payroll Assessment
- Human Behaviour
- Workplace Communication Skills
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Controlling Operations
- Staff Training
- Work Teams
- Positive Discipline
- Grievances and Complaints
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- General Journal
- General Ledger and the Trial Balance
- Adjusting Entries
- Financial Statements
- Budgeting, Forecasting, and Cashflow Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Introduction to Leadership
- Leadership Qualities
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Communication Skills
- Team Building
- Systematic & Lateral Thinking
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $500
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $500 discount, with an 8 business day money-back guarantee.
Get access to the CCH Practical Payroll guide valued at $126!
This practical guide provides a simple and up-to-date explanation of legal and tax implications relevant for payroll purposes and is an invaluable resource for payroll administrators, business owners and advisers. You’ll get instant access to this eBook once you enrol, plus many more free eBooks to help you study.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites to enrol into this course. You can enrol online directly by selecting your course and clicking on “Enrol Now” and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can enrol over the phone with our friendly student advisors. Give them a call on 0800 342 829 or email them at email@example.com
This course takes approximately 300 hours, and you’ll have up to 12 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon the completion of this course, you can obtain a job as a Bookkeeper, Office Administrator, Financial Controller or Payroll Administrator. These jobs in New Zealand earn approximately $58,000 per year but can be as high as $70,000 per year. (Payscale)
Contact a friendly student advisor on 0800 342 829 to find out about potential career outcomes and see where our courses can take you. Employers also constantly approach The Career Academy looking for students and employers also advertise jobs in the Career Centre (available once you enrol). You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 8 day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee*.