Diploma in Accounting
Watch your job prospects soarGetting a Diploma in Accounting online that NZ employers recognise is a great way to add value to your CV. The Diploma in Accounting includes learning across basic, advanced, management, and taxation accounting – plus, you will enhance your task management skills and get ready to complete full financial statements. This diploma comes with graduate membership to the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA). Enrol now to enhance your accounting skills and pursue a career in accounting, finance or business.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Get qualified & Earn More
Improve your accounting career
Be awarded with an industry-recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Understand issues in income determination & asset valuation
- Learn about performance measurement & CVP Analysis
- Get an advanced qualification to build on the Certificate of Accounting
- Receive student membership to AAT on enrolment
- Access industry connections, support & guidance – plus graduate membership to IPA
- Attain Accounting Technician status on completion
- Gain FREE access to the CCH Wheelers eLibrary with over 50 popular textbooks, including the Practical Accounting Guide
- Access and save excel templates.
- How to open an Excel file and save this using a specific name.
- Identify and apply formulas and functions to calculate data.
- How to add content, such as pictures and charts, to spreadsheets.
- Apply filters to spreadsheet data.
- How to sort and manipulate spreadsheet data.
- Apply a range of formatting styles to spreadsheet data.
- Accounting and Business
- Determining Profit
- Issues in Income Determination & Asset Valuation
- Accounting Principles Assessment
- Tracking Cash & Controlling Assets
- Internal Decision Making
- Analysing Financial Reports
- Financial Reporting Framework
- Advanced Accounting Principles Assessment
- Cost Classification
- Costing Methods
- Product & Process Costing
- Standard Costs & Variance Analysis
- Management Accounting Assessment
- Activity Based Costing
- Budgeting & CVP Analysis
- Performance Management & Measurement
- Inventory Management & Planning
- Advanced Management Accounting Assessment
- Fundamentals of Income Tax
- Understanding GST
- Certificate in Xero Assessment
- Advanced Certificate in Xero Assessment
- SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 1
- SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 2
- SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 3
- Verification, Completeness & Justification
- Accounting for a Full Year Case Study
- Looking Forward Case Study
- Accounting Practices Assessment
- Introduction to the Accounting Profession
- Ethics and Standards
- Professional Education
- Practice Essentials
- Practice Security
- People and Processes
- Growing your Business
- Digital Business
- Sustaining Your Business
Receive FREE membership to the Institute of Public Accountants
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $500
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $500 discount, with an 8 business day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Get access to the CCH Practical Accounting Guide valued at $126!
This practical guide covers a range of Accounting, Bookkeeping and taxation issues that Accountants need to be aware of when dealing with their business or clients. You’ll get instant access to this eBook once you enrol, plus many more free eBooks to help you study.
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
This course costs $1,895.00 + GST or only $25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This is a Career Academy level 6 course. Introducing students to a higher level of learning, requiring an in-depth study of their topic and an advanced-level application of accounting skills.
Some students pathway onto Bachelor or Degree courses if they want to secure higher level roles in the future (i.e. CFO level). Unitec, for example, has approved credit recognition for this Diploma course into their Bachelor of Business (specifically courses ACTY5200 and ACTY5206).
Yes, you can apply for RPL for this if you already hold other accounting qualifications or have other accounting experience.
This course takes approximately 300 hours, and you’ll have up to 12 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could obtain work as an Accountant, Bookkeeper, Accounting Technician, Senior Finance Officer, Payroll Manager, Tax Agent or Management Accountant.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 0800 342 829 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. Employers often approach The Career Academy looking for students and advertise jobs in our Career Centre, which you can access once enrolled. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 8 day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee*.
If you’re eager to enhance your practical accounting skills and pursue a career in accounting, finance or business, then the Diploma in Accounting is a must. This course is also an excellent skill builder for students who run their own businesses.