Diploma in Accounting
Once you qualify, your job prospects will soarIf you’re eager to enhance your accounting skills, and pursue a career in accounting, finance or business, then this course is a must. It’s an advanced qualification that builds on the practical accounting skills and knowledge gained through the Certificate in Accounting. It’s also a pathway to become a Certified Accounting Technician and member of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA).
100% Online & 24/7 Access
Get instant access within 1 business day and start when you're ready
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Duration & Course Level
~300 Hours | 12 Months Access | Level 6
Study in your own time, at your own pace. Students generally complete one module per-week.
Get Qualified & Earn More
Become a Certified Accounting Technician
Be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment Options
Improve your career prospects for just $1895 + GST
Or from only $25 per week with our no deposit, interest free payment plan.
Students rate us 4.8 out of 5 stars
How you'll benefit
- Gain student membership to AAT Australia on enrolment, giving you access to a wealth of advice and support to guide you through your studies and into your future career
- Get access to The Career Centre – get a FREE CV Review & job tips to help you succeed
- FREE access to the CCH Wheelers eLibrary with over 50 textbooks to help you study.
- Receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email
- Once you successfully complete this qualification you’ll gain graduate membership to IPA, plus gain certified accounting technician status.
- As an IPA member with certified accounting technician status, you’ll have a global community of like-minded professionals to network and share advice with.
The Diploma in Accounting comprises the following modules;
- Access and save excel templates.
- How to open an Excel file and save this using a specific name.
- Identify and apply formulas and functions to calculate data.
- How to add content, such as pictures and charts, to spreadsheets.
- Apply filters to spreadsheet data.
- How to sort and manipulate spreadsheet data.
- Apply a range of formatting styles to spreadsheet data.
- Accounting and Business
- Determining Profit
- Issues in Income Determination & Asset Valuation
- Accounting Principles Assessment
- Tracking Cash & Controlling Assets
- Internal Decision Making
- Analysing Financial Reports
- Financial Reporting Framework
- Advanced Accounting Principles Assessment
- Cost Classification
- Costing Methods
- Product & Process Costing
- Standard Costs & Variance Analysis
- Management Accounting Assessment
- Activity Based Costing
- Budgeting & CVP Analysis
- Performance Management & Measurement
- Inventory Management & Planning
- Advanced Management Accounting Assessment
- Fundamentals of Income Tax
- Understanding GST
- Certificate in Xero Assessment
- Advanced Certificate in Xero Assessment
- SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 1
- SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 2
- SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 3
- Verification, Completeness & Justification
- Accounting for a Full Year Case Study
- Looking Forward Case Study
- Accounting Practices Assessment
- Introduction to the Accounting Profession
- Ethics and Standards
- Professional Education
- Practice Essentials
- Practice Security
- People and Processes
- Growing your Business
- Digital Business
- Sustaining Your Business
Why The Career Academy?
We’re an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- You’ll receive unlimited tutor support from experienced professionals
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy and a Certificate by IPA. These are industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
100% Money Back Guarantee
After enrolling, you’ll receive an 8-day cooling off period (or trial period). If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee*.
Download a free course guide to find out everything you need to know before enrolling
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites to enrol into this course. You can enrol online directly by clicking on “Enrol Now” and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can enrol over the phone with our friendly student advisors. Give them a call on 080 0342 829 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
This course costs $1,895 + GST or only $25 per week on a no deposit, interest free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 300 hours, and you’ll have up to 12 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon the completion of this course, you can obtain a job as an Accounting Technician. In New Zealand, this job earns approximately $54,907 per year but can be as high as $67,000 per year. (Payscale)
Contact a friendly student advisor on 0800 342 829 to find out about potential career outcomes and see where our courses can take you. Employers also constantly approach The Career Academy looking for students and employers also advertise jobs in the Career Centre (available once you enrol). You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
This qualification is Internationally recognised. Our qualifications are highly sought after by employers around the world and accredited by global industry bodies such as ICOES.
Your course will be delivered through our online learning platform. You can access our online learning platform from any web browser 24/7 so you can work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the resources you need at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates, you can start whenever you are ready. Your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 8 day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee*.
* Excluding $50 administration fee