Certificate in Psychology and Counselling & Certificate in Mental Health
Elevate your learning with The Career Academy NZ’s Psychology, Counselling & Mental Health BundleUnderstand the science of stress and its effects on the body. Discover the roots of behaviour, influenced by family, school, and the wider world. Our course offers a deep dive into psychology and counselling. Learn communication techniques used by professionals, and build confidence to support individuals dealing with mental health issues. Our comprehensive mental health certificate covers workplace mental health, suicide intervention, ethical responsibilities, and more. This isn’t just another course—it’s your gateway to a deeper understanding of the world. Ready to learn? Enrol today.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Deepen your understanding
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
The Career Academy is a proud Partner of
- Discover how your body reacts to stress
- Learn ways family, school & the wider world produce behaviours
- Start a journey towards training in Psychology or Counselling
- Learn what it takes to work in the mental health field
- Understand people and relationships from a psychological point of view
- Discover practical ways to communicate with individuals & groups
- Examine communication techniques used by counsellors & psychologists
- Build your confidence and skills when relating to people with mental health issues
- The Career Academy donates a portion of all course proceeds to Youthline
- Abnormal Behaviour
- Individual Behaviour
- Group Behaviour
- Methods of Dealing with Psychological Problems
- Conflict Resolution
- Interpersonal Communication
- Introduction to Mental Health
- Risk and Protective Factors
- Helping Yourself and Others
- Mental Health in the Workplace
- Suicide Risk and Intervention
- Recognise and Respond to Domestic Violence
- Aged Care and Support Services
- Psychotherapeutic and Pharmacological Treatments in Mental Health
- Ethical Responsibilities of Mental Health Professionals
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $300
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $300 discount, with an 8 business day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
This course costs $1495.00 + GST or only $25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 220 hours, and you’ll have up to 12 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could engage in further study towards a career in psychology and counselling.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 0800 342 829 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. Employers often approach The Career Academy looking for students and advertise jobs in our Career Centre, which you can access once enrolled. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 8 day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee*.
The Career Academy offers great foundation courses towards a career as a Counsellor. When you complete the Certificate in Psychology & Counselling, you will have a broad understanding of what it takes to work in the mental health field.