Accounts Administration & Payroll Pathway
Choose your own pathway to successShifting into the best position is always a good move, so put yourself first and enrol in our Payroll & Administrator course online. Learn basic, advanced, management and taxation accounting. Suitable for students with two years prior accounting experience, the Accounts Administration & Payroll Course teaches you about depreciation and producing financial statements, plus essential tools, including proficiency in MYOB and Xero. Enrol now to kickstart your career in Accounts Administration & Payroll.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Get qualified & Earn More
Upskill in Administration
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Discover how Payroll operates under Employment Law
- Gain crucial skills across budgeting, forecasting & cashflow management
- Get a prestigious AAT membership to fast track your accounts admin career
- Attain Certified Accounting Technician status
- Our Payroll & Administrator Course increases your earning potential
- TCA partnerships with Xero & MYOB ensure you stay up to date with technology
- By studying online at your own pace you can keep working while you learn
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- General Journal
- General Ledger and the Trial Balance
- Adjusting Entries
- Financial Statements
- Accounting with MYOB
- Accounting with Xero
- Understanding GST
- Employment Law & Introduction to Payroll
- Managing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable & Cash Management
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- Using Microsoft Excel
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- Introduction to Xero Online
- Setting up Xero Payroll
- Managing Payroll Items with Xero
- New Employees & Leave Requests with Xero
- Pay Templates in Xero
- Pay Runs in Xero
- Payslips & Payroll Reporting with Xero
- Filing Obligations Using Xero
- Certificate in Xero Payroll Assessment
- Installing MYOB Payroll & Introduction
- Setting up an MYOB Payroll File
- Setting up Employee Pay Details
- Preparing & Processing Pays with MYOB
- Managing Leave with MYOB
- Preparing Payroll Reports with MYOB
- MYOB Payroll Assessment
- Access and save excel templates.
- How to open an Excel file and save this using a specific name.
- Identify and apply formulas and functions to calculate data.
- How to add content, such as pictures and charts, to spreadsheets.
- Apply filters to spreadsheet data.
- Demonstrate how to sort and manipulate spreadsheet data.
- Apply a range of formatting styles to spreadsheet data.
- Accounting and Business
- Determining Profit
- Issues in Income Determination & Asset Valuation
- Accounting Principles Assessment
- Tracking Cash & Controlling Assets
- Internal Decision Making
- Analysing Financial Reports
- NZ Financial Reporting Framework
- Advanced Accounting Principles Assessment
- Cost Classification
- Costing Methods
- Product & Process Costing
- Standard Costs & Variance Analysis
- Management Accounting Assessment
- Activity Based Costing
- Budgeting & CVP Analysis
- Performance Management & Measurement
- Inventory Management & Planning
- Advanced Management Accounting Assessment
- Introduction to Income Taxation
- Company Taxation
- Look Through Companies
- Fringe Benefit Tax
- Introduction to Xero Online
- Xero Chart of Accounts
- Managing Contacts with Xero
- Xero Sales, Invoices, Quotes & Inventory
- Xero Purchases & Bills
- Reconciliation and Managing Accounts in Xero
- Introduction to Xero Reporting
- Introduction to Xero Add-ons
- Certificate in Xero Assessment
- Introduction to Xero Online
- Aged Receivables & Payables in Xero
- Managing Fixed Assets with Xero
- Budgeting with Xero
- Tracking Categories in Xero
- Report Preparation and Analysis in Xero
- Customising Templates in Xero
- Introduction to Projects & Expenses
- Advanced Certificate in Xero Assessment
- SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 1
- SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 2
- SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 3
- Verification, Completeness & Justification
- Accounting for a Full Year Case Study
- Looking Forward Case Study
- Accounting Practices Assessment
- Introduction to the Accounting Profession
- Ethics and Standards
- Professional Education
- Practice Essentials
- Practice Security
- People and Processes
- Growing your Business
- Digital Business
- Sustaining Your Business
Become a certified Accounting Technician with the Institute of Public Accountants for FREE
On enrolment, you are eligible to apply for a Certified Accounting Technician student membership with the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA). Throughout your course you’ll learn the skills you need to succeed and upon completion of your course with The Career Academy you will receive access to the Certified Accounting Technician program provided by the IPA so you can further upskill and gain a valuable certification to add to your CV.
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $545
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $545 discount, with an 8 business day money-back guarantee.
Get access to the CCH Practical Accounting Guide valued at $126!
This practical guide covers a range of Accounting, Bookkeeping and taxation issues that Accountants need to be aware of when dealing with their business or clients. You’ll get instant access to this eBook once you enrol, plus many more free eBooks to help you study.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
This course costs $2,450 + GST or only $25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
Yes, you can apply for RPL for this if you already hold other accounting qualifications or have other accounting experience.
This course takes approximately 400 hours, and you’ll have up to 18 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could obtain work as an Office Administrator or Payroll Specialist.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 0800 342 829 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. Employers often approach The Career Academy looking for students and advertise jobs in the Career Centre (available once you enrol). You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got an 8-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
These are two similar designations, both widely known in the accounting industry.