Dog Psychology, Behaviour & Training
Understand dog psychology & teach your dog good habits that will last a lifetimeIf dog psychology and training fascinate you, this online practical course will provide you with a framework of understanding that will enhance your career prospects, allow you to upskill as a current canine careerist – or simply bring you more understanding around what motivates your own dog. Dog psychology and training includes a detailed look into canine behaviour and training techniques, a section on training working dogs around conditioned stimulus-response, and insights into behaviours common to wolves and dogs. Enrol today to learn what makes your best friend tick.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Grow your love for Animal Care
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
The Career Academy is a proud Partner of
- Understand factors that may result in aggressive canine behaviour
- Describe steps towards preventing parasites in dogs
- Discover more about dogs towards a career in canine care
- Take a step towards becoming a specialised dog trainer
- Learn about psychological training methods used for farm, hearing, & guide dogs
- Understand how to control canine movement with training
- Work towards a career in the Veterinarian sector
The Dog Psychology, Behaviour & Training comprises the following 9 modules;
- Nature and Scope of Canine Psychology
- Canine Senses and Communication
- Understanding Natural Canine Behaviour
- Canine Behavioural Development
- Canine Behavioural Disorders
- Basic Dog Training Principles
- Dog Obedience Training
- Controlling a Dog’s Movement
- Training Working Dogs
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $300
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $300 discount, with an 8 business day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
This course costs $595.00 + GST or only $25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 80 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could obtain work as a Dog Trainer.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 0800 342 829 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. Employers often approach The Career Academy looking for students and advertise jobs in our Career Centre, which you can access once enrolled. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 8 day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee*.
Completing a Dog Psychology, Behaviour & Training course can help you discover more about dogs towards a career in canine care and take a step towards becoming a specialised dog trainer.