Diploma in Psychology & Counselling
Master the skills to manage and motivate others
This internationally recognised qualification has the ability to open so many doors. It will enable you to learn the theory behind the skills and techniques used to successfully help people work through their problems and issues with counselling. This comprehensive Diploma includes listening, reflection, questioning and interview techniques.
100% Online & 24/7 Access
Get instant access within 1 business day and start when you're ready
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Duration & Course Level
~300 Hours | 12 Months Access | Level 6
Study in your own time, at your own pace. Students generally complete one module per-week.
Get Qualified & Earn More
Become an IAC Member
Be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment Options
Get started for just $1995 + GST
Or from only $25 per week with our no deposit, interest free payment plan.
Students rate us 4.8 out of 5 stars
How you'll benefit
- Use your skills to motivate people in your career and personal life.
- Learn the skills counsellors use to help people resolve their problems and issues.
- Developed and delivered by psychology and counselling experts.
- This course is accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards (ICOES), guaranteeing you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes.
- Receive a 12 month membership to the International Association of Counsellors (IAC)
The Diploma in Psychology & Counselling comprises 6 courses, earning a certificate for each and culminating in a Diploma.
- The Nature and Scope of Psychology
- The Neurological Basis of Behaviour
- Environmental Effects on Behaviour
- Consciousness and Perception
- Psychological Development
- Needs, Drives and Motivation
- Abnormal Behaviour
- Individual Behaviour
- Group Behaviour
- Methods of Dealing with Psychological Problems
- Conflict Resolution
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Learning Specific Skills
- Listening and Bonding
- Interview Techniques
- Changing Beliefs and Normalising
- Finding Solutions
- Ending the Counselling
- The Counselling Session
- Focusing on the Present
- Telephone Counselling
- Dealing with Crisis
- Problem Solving Techniques I – Aggression
- Problem Solving Techniques II – Depression
- Problem Solving Techniques III – Grief and Loss
- Problem Solving Techniques IV – Suicide
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy I: Freud, Erikson & Jung
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy II: Adler
- Humanistic / Existential Approaches I: Gestalt Therapy
- Humanistic / Existential Approaches II
- Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy
- Behavioural Therapy
- Solution-Focussed Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Understanding Counselling
- Ethics & Confidentiality
- Understanding the Self
- Emotions and Behaviour
- Referral Practice
Meet Catriona, one of our successful Psychology & Counselling students
Why The Career Academy?
We’re an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- You’ll receive unlimited tutor support from experienced professionals
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy and a Certificate by IPA. These are industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
100% Money Back Guarantee
After enrolling, you’ll receive an 8-day cooling off period (or trial period). If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee*.
Download a free course guide to find out everything you need to know before enrolling
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites to enrol into this course. You can enrol online directly by selecting your course and clicking on “Enrol Now” and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can enrol over the phone with our friendly student advisors. Give them a call on 0800342829 or email them at email@example.com
This course takes approximately 300 hours, and you’ll have up to 12 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Your course will be delivered through our online learning platform. You can access our online learning platform from any web browser 24/7 so you can work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the resources you need at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates, you can start whenever you are ready. Your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got an 8-day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee*.
The Diploma in Psychology & Counselling is developed and delivered by psychology and counselling experts. It is a great pathway course for those wanting to step into the Psychology & Counselling profession.
Approximately 300 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
* Excluding $50 administration fee