Diploma in Aged Care & Community Support
Make a difference in the communityThis Diploma can help you work towards a meaningful role in caregiving in a home or community setting. Learn solution-focused counselling techniques, understand ways seniors can adapt to change, and how to effectively communicate around grief and loss. Our aged care courses cover enablement approaches useful in a registered home care facility environment and examine ways you might help seniors retain their quality of life and successfully complete rehabilitation. Enrol today to work towards becoming an aged care worker with this comprehensive community support worker course. You can study The Career Academy diploma aged care courses NZ-wide from the comfort of your home.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Deepen your understanding
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
The Career Academy is a proud Partner of
- Understand common problems in aged care
- Use your new skills to help a wide range of people in a variety of contexts
- Learn skills towards a role as an aged care worker
- Understand how effective aged care can contribute to maintaining a healthy body
- Find out about workplace health and safety practices for senior care
- Develop an understanding of the legal and ethical frameworks carers work within
- Learn how to properly approach mobility & memory issues
- The Career Academy donates a portion of all course proceeds to Youthline
- Understanding an Ageing Population
- Lifestyle Changes
- Physical Changes
- Support Services
- Enablement Techniques
- Grief and Loss Counselling
- Debilitating and Terminal Illness
- Losing a Loved One
- Ethics and Interventions
- Learning Specific Skills
- Listening and Bonding
- Interview Techniques
- Changing Beliefs and Normalising
- Finding Solutions
- Ending the Counselling
- The Counselling Session
- Focusing on the Present
- Telephone Counselling
- Dealing with Crisis
- Problem Solving Techniques I – Aggression
- Problem Solving Techniques II – Depression
- Problem Solving Techniques III – Grief and Loss
- Problem Solving Techniques IV – Suicide
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy I: Freud, Erikson & Jung
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy II: Adler
- Humanistic / Existential Approaches I: Gestalt Therapy
- Humanistic / Existential Approaches II
- Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy
- Behavioural Therapy
- Solution-Focussed Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $300
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $300 discount, with an 8 business day money-back guarantee.
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
This course costs $1,795.00 + GST or only $25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 200 hours, and you’ll have up to 12 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could obtain work as a Caregiver in the community or within an Aged Care Facility.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 0800 342 829 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. Employers often approach The Career Academy looking for students and advertise jobs in our Career Centre, which you can access once enrolled. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 8 day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee*.
A Diploma in Aged Care & Community Support is a fantastic way to work towards a career in this rewarding industry.