Certificate in Child & Adolescent Mental Health
Develop your toolbox & gain powerful insight.This Career Academy course delivers valuable tools and insights to help you better understand children and adolescents’ mental health challenges. This certificate offers critical knowledge for anyone guiding a child through these crucial formative years. Learn how depression and anxiety are often treated and understand issues that can arise from abuse and neglect. Discover some ways health professionals treat eating disorders, tics and symptoms of brain injury. Enrol now to experience an online learning opportunity that imparts a clear framework for understanding the specific mental health challenges children and adolescents face.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Gain unparalleled insight
Be awarded with a certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
The Career Academy is a proud Partner of
- Learn what treatments are often used in child & adolescent mental health
- Work towards helping young people to thrive
- Develop your understanding of youth-focused care
- Understand the unique mental health journey of children & adolescents
- Learn how to differentiate between regular behavioural shifts & developing issues
- Gather insights to understand better how different people navigate life
- Examine treatment pathways and the types of therapies that could be applied
- The Career Academy donates a portion of all course proceeds to Youthline
- Understanding Normal Childhood Development
- Good Mental Health
- Understanding Childhood Mental Illness
- Prevalence Of Mental Health Issues In Children And Adolescents
- Differences To Adult Mental Health
- An Introduction To The Mental Health Industry
- Types Of Depression In Childhood
- Diagnosis Of Depression In Children
- Causes Of Childhood Depression
- Assessing Risk Of Suicide
- Scope And Nature Of Anxiety Disorders
- Different Types Of Anxiety Disorders
- Childhood Anxiety Disorders
- Adolescent Anxiety Disorders
- Other Anxiety Related Problems
- Introduction To Tic Disorders
- Types Of Tics
- Gilles De La Tourette Syndrome (Tourette’s Disorder)
- Transient Tic Disorder
- Chronic Tic Disorder
- Tic Disorder (Nos)
- Differences To Adults
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Congenital Malformations
- Genetic Disorders
- Infectious Diseases
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Environmental Toxins
- Elimination Disorders
- Feeding And Eating Disorders Of Childhood
- Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Selective Mutism
- Stereotypic Movement Disorder
- Child Abuse
- Definition Of Child Abuse
- Factitious Disorder By Proxy
- The Effects Of Abuse
- Attachment Issues
- Significant Disorders Of Adolescence
- Drug Treatments
- Food And Mental Health
- Alternative Therapies
Student chooses something of interest.
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $200
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $200 discount, with an 8 business day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
This course costs $795.00 + GST or only $25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 80 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
After completing this course, you could face challenges in your personal and professional life with a better interpretive framework.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 0800 342 829 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. Employers often approach The Career Academy looking for students and advertise jobs in our Career Centre, which you can access once enrolled. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 8 day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee*.
This course covers some ways health professionals approach mental health challenges like eating disorders, tics and symptoms of brain injury.