Certificate in Bookkeeping
- FREE access to the MYOB Partner Program – get webinars and training, access to a Partner Dashboard listing all your clients in one place
- FREE access to the CCH Wheelers eLibrary with over 50 textbooks, including the Master Bookkeepers Guide
- FREE student membership to the New Zealand Qualified Bookkeepers Association (NZQBA) on enrolment
- FREE 12-month Certified Membership to NZQBA on completion (valued at $295 + GST).
- FREE six months access to MYOB, plus receive the Official Xero Advisor Certification on completion
100% Online & 24/7 Access
Get instant access within 1 business day and start when you're ready
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Duration & Course Level
~140 Hours | 6 Months Access | Level 4
Study in your own time, at your own pace. Students generally complete one module per-week.
Get Qualified & Earn More
Kickstart Your Bookkeeping Career
Be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment Options
Improve your career prospects for just $995 + GST
Or from only $25 per week with our no deposit, interest free payment plan.
Students rate us 4.8 out of 5 stars
How you'll benefit
- Become a Certified Bookkeeper in just 10 weeks.
- Work from home, start your own Bookkeeping business and earn up to $50 per hour.
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time and receive unlimited one-on-one tutor support
- The Career Academy is an Official Xero and MYOB Education Partner – get the latest functions, tips and tricks
- Developed and delivered by an Accredited Training Centre – International Association of Bookkeepers.
The Certificate in Bookkeeping comprises the following 14 modules;
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- General Journal
- General Ledger & the Trial Balance
- Adjusting Entries
- Financial Statements
- Understanding GST
- Employment Law & Introduction to Payroll
- Fringe Benefit Tax
- Fundamentals of Income Tax
- Accounting with MYOB AccountRight
- Accounting with Xero
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- Bookkeeping using Microsoft Excel
Why The Career Academy?
We’re an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- You’ll receive unlimited tutor support from experienced professionals
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
100% Money Back Guarantee
After enrolling, you’ll receive an 8-day cooling off period (or trial period). If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee.
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
Download a free course guide to find out everything you need to know before enrolling
Frequently Asked Questions
There are no entry requirements or pre-requisites to enrol into this course. You can enrol online directly by clicking on “Enrol Now” and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can enrol over the phone with our friendly student advisors. Give them a call on 080 0342 829 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
This course costs $995 + GST or only $25 per week on a no deposit, interest free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 140 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week. But if life gets busy you can take longer and even apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon the completion of this course, you can obtain a job as a Bookkeeper, Office Administrator, Financial Controller or Payroll Administrator. These jobs in New Zealand earn approximately $58,000 per year but can be as high as $70,000 per year. (Payscale)
Contact a friendly student advisor on 0800 342 829 to find out about potential career outcomes and see where our courses can take you. Employers also constantly approach The Career Academy looking for students and employers also advertise jobs in the Career Centre (available once you enrol). You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
This qualification is Internationally recognised. Our qualifications are highly sought after by employers around the world and accredited by global industry bodies such as ICOES.
Your course will be delivered through our online learning platform. You can access our online learning platform from any web browser 24/7 so you can work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the resources you need at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates, you can start whenever you are ready. Your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got an 8-day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee.
The Certificate in Bookkeeping certification is the best available in New Zealand. You’ll learn to balance the books, prepare GST returns, keep business accounts; analyse and interpret a profit and loss statement and balance sheets. Plus, you’ll receive some fantastic FREE benefits:
-FREE access to the MYOB Partner Program – get webinars and training, access to a Partner Dashboard listing all your clients in one place
-FREE access to the CCH Wheelers eLibrary with over 50 textbooks, including the Master Bookkeepers Guide
-FREE six months access to MYOB, plus receive the Official Xero Advisor Certification on completion