Certificate in Bookkeeping
Advance your career and become a Certified BookkeeperThe Career Academy Certificate In Bookkeeping could kickstart your career. Seize the opportunity to become a qualified Bookkeeper in just ten weeks! Delivered 100% online, you can complete this bookkeeping course NZ-wide from the comfort of your home. On successful completion, you will be eligible to register as a member of the New Zealand Qualified Bookkeepers Association as a Certified Bookkeeper. No prior bookkeeping experience is required to enrol in this course. This comprehensive course covers GST, payroll, budgeting and cash-flow management, income tax for small businesses, financial statements and FBT. You’ll also discover how to use Xero and MYOB software, and use Microsoft Excel to produce professional-looking documents that add up.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Get qualified & Earn More
Kickstart your Bookkeeping Career
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Work from home as a Certified Bookkeeper
- Learn to successfully format worksheets
- Become a Certified Bookkeeper in just ten weeks
- Start your own bookkeeping business & earn up to $50 per hour
- Receive a student membership to the New Zealand Qualified Bookkeepers Association (NZQBA) when you enrol
- On successful completion, get a FREE upgrade to Certified Membership with NZQBA (normally valued at $348 +GST)
- Get six months free access to MYOB and gain access to the Official Xero Advisor Certification.
- Get a FREE ticket to the 2024 Bookkeeping Conference valued at $395 + GST
The Certificate in Bookkeeping comprises the following 14 modules;
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- General Journal
- General Ledger & the Trial Balance
- Adjusting Entries
- Financial Statements
- Understanding GST
- Employment Law & Introduction to Payroll
- Fringe Benefit Tax
- Fundamentals of Income Tax
- Accounting with MYOB AccountRight
- Accounting with Xero
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- Bookkeeping using Microsoft Excel
Receive a FREE 12-month membership to the New Zealand Qualified Bookkeepers Association
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $300
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $300 discount, with an 8 business day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
This course costs $996.00 + GST or only $25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
Yes, you can apply for RPL for this if you already hold other accounting qualifications or have other accounting experience.
This course takes approximately 140 hours, and you’ll have up to 6 months to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could obtain work as a Bookkeeper, Office Administrator, Financial Controller or Payroll Administrator.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 0800 342 829 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. Employers often approach The Career Academy looking for students and advertise jobs in our Career Centre, which you can access once enrolled. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 8 day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee*.
You can enrol in a Certificate in Bookkeeping with The Career Academy and study remotely from home with unlimited tutor support via email and phone.