Certificate in Small Business Management
Learn essential skills to start or manage a small businessWhen you set up a small business, you join a community of people who love a challenge. At The Career Academy, our small business management course meets you at the starting line to ensure you have the best chance at success. This small business management certificate teaches you how to develop a business plan and choose the best structure for your venture. You will receive a grounding in financial reporting, marketing, and tax – and get some tips for running your social media accounts. Plus, you can complete this online small business management course NZ-wide from your home or office. Enrol for the Small Business Management Certificate online to hit the ground running. As an added bonus, this course includes small business management NZ CCH eBooks to help you study.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Get qualified & Earn More
Upskill in Administration
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Understand your GST obligations
- Gain valuable skills across MYOB & Xero
- Gain essential skills to start or manage a small business
- Get a qualification to add to your CV
- Developed by successful business owners
- The Career Academy is an official Xero & MYOB Education Partner
- Learn on the most up-to-date accounting software
- Get access to a number of NZ CCH eBooks to help you study
The Certificate in Small Business Management comprises the following 11 modules;
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- Financial Statements
- Understanding GST
- Fundamentals of Income Tax
- Understanding Key New Zealand Business Legislation
- Employment Law & Introduction to Payroll
- Marketing and Social Media
- Budgeting, Forecasting, and Cashflow Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Accounting with Xero
- Accounting with MYOB
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $300
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $300 discount, with an 8 business day money-back guarantee.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
This course costs $995.00 + GST or only $25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
This course takes approximately 140 hours, and you’ll have up to 140 to complete. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could obtain work as a Manager.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 0800 342 829 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. Employers often approach The Career Academy looking for students and advertise jobs in our Career Centre, which you can access once enrolled. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got a 8 day cooling off period (or trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to look through all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money back guarantee*.
You’ll learn to develop a business plan and set up the right business structure, understand financial reporting and taxation requirements, and grasp marketing and social media principles.