AAT Accounting Pathway Program
Advance Your Accounting Career & Earn MoreThis AAT Approved Pathway Program will get your accounting career moving. Begin with a Certificate in Accounting, continue with a Diploma in Accounting and become an Accounting Technician. Accounting Technicians work in all areas of finance and business, including assisting with preparing accounts, bookkeeping, managing staff payroll, and receiving and paying invoices. Study AAT Accounting NZ-wide to learn basic, advanced, management and tax accounting skills and accounting software. You will gain task management skills, explore financial statements and become better prepared to enter the profession. Enrol in our AAT accounting courses online today to work towards advancing your career.
100% Online Delivery
Get instant access
Plus receive unlimited tutor support via phone & email from experienced professionals.
Study at your own pace – students generally complete one module per-week. See our free course guide for detailed duration information.
Get qualified & Earn More
Improve your accounting career
Be awarded with an industry-recognised certificate of achievement on completion of this course.
Investment & Payment
- Upskill and enjoy increased earning potential
- Move your Accounting career forward
- Make new industry connections to access expert advice & support
- Attain Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) status & become a full member of AAT
- Gain complimentary membership to the Institute of Public Accountants
- Get student membership with the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- which will give you access to a wealth of advice and support to guide you through your studies, and beyond
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- General Journal
- General Ledger and the Trial Balance
- Adjusting Entries
- Financial Statements
- Understanding GST
- Fundamentals of Income Tax
- Accounting with Xero
- Accounting with MYOB Essentials
- Budgeting, Forecasting, and Cashflow Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Accounting using Microsoft Excel
- Access and save excel templates.
- How to open an Excel file and save this using a specific name.
- Identify and apply formulas and functions to calculate data.
- How to add content, such as pictures and charts, to spreadsheets.
- Apply filters to spreadsheet data.
- Demonstrate how to sort and manipulate spreadsheet data.
- Apply a range of formatting styles to spreadsheet data.
- Accounting and Business
- Determining Profit
- Issues in Income Determination & Asset Valuation
- Accounting Principles Assessment
- Tracking Cash & Controlling Assets
- Internal Decision Making
- Analysing Financial Reports
- Financial Reporting Framework
- Advanced Accounting Principles Assessment
- Cost Classification
- Costing Methods
- Product & Process Costing
- Standard Costs & Variance Analysis
- Management Accounting Assessment
- Activity Based Costing
- Budgeting & CVP Analysis
- Performance Management & Measurement
- Inventory Management & Planning
- Advanced Management Accounting Assessment
- Fundamentals of Income Tax
- Understanding GST
- Certificate in Xero Assessment
- Advanced Certificate in Xero Assessment
- SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 1
- SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 2
- SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 3
- Verification, Completeness & Justification
- Accounting for a Full Year Case Study
- Looking Forward Case Study
- Accounting Practices Assessment
- Introduction to the Accounting Profession
- Ethics and Standards
- Professional Education
- Practice Essentials
- Practice Security
- People and Processes
- Growing your Business
- Digital Business
- Sustaining Your Business
Become a certified Accounting Technician with the Institute of Public Accountants for FREE
On enrolment, you are eligible to apply for a Certified Accounting Technician student membership with the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA). Throughout your course you’ll learn the skills you need to succeed and upon completion of your course with The Career Academy you will receive access to the Certified Accounting Technician program provided by the IPA so you can further upskill and gain a valuable certification to add to your CV.
PAYMENT PLAN FROM $25 PER WEEK
PAY IN FULL AND SAVE $545
Pay your course fees upfront and benefit from a $545 discount, with an 8 business day money-back guarantee.
Get access to the CCH Practical Accounting Guide valued at $126!
This practical guide covers a range of Accounting, Bookkeeping and taxation issues that Accountants need to be aware of when dealing with their business or clients. You’ll get instant access to this eBook once you enrol, plus many more free eBooks to help you study.
Why The Career Academy?
We're an internationally recognised online education provider, who partners with industry to deliver you the latest and most up to date content. We have almost 15 years experience in online education and help change the lives of over 20,000 students every single year.
- Upskill and be awarded with a certificate of achievement to help you reach your potential & earn more.
- Flexible online learning so you can study whenever and wherever you want.
- Get free access to the career centre who will review and improve your CV to help you succeed.
- 83% of our graduates say our qualifications improved their ability to get a new job or promotion.
Receive unlimited tutor support
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an industry recognised certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Get all the info you need
- Course duration, qualifications and module details
- Pricing and payment options
- Compare other related courses
- Receive a free course consultation
Unique to The Career Academy, the Accounting Pathway Program will advance your accounting career and enable you to gain Accounting Technician status. Comprised of three components, this course is designed to qualify you for the accounting industry.
On completing the Certificate in Accounting and Diploma in Accounting; you’ll complete the AAT Certified Accounting Technician component.
This course costs $2,450 + GST or only $25 per week on a no-deposit, interest-free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
Some students pathway onto Bachelor or Degree courses if they want to secure higher level roles in the future (i.e. CFO level). Unitec, for example, has approved credit recognition for this Diploma course into their Bachelor of Business (specifically courses ACTY5200 and ACTY5206).
Yes, you can apply for RPL for this if you already hold other accounting qualifications or have other accounting experience.
This course takes approximately 400 hours, and you’ll have up to 18 months to complete. Although you can study in your own time, at your own pace, you should allow 6 months for the certificate component and 12 months for the diploma. Most of The Career Academy courses are designed so that you do one module a week, but if life gets busy, you can simply apply for a course extension if you need more time.
Upon completing this course, you could obtain work as an Accounting Technician. Accounting Technicians work across a wide range of finance and business, including assisting with preparing accounts, managing staff payroll, receiving and paying invoices and general bookkeeping.
Contact a friendly student advisor on 0800 342 829 to learn about potential career outcomes and where our courses could take you. You’ll also receive a FREE CV review.
Your course is delivered through our online learning platform, which you can access from any web browser 24/7 to work whenever and wherever you want. You can also interact with your tutors and other students within the learning environment. Online learning allows you to make the best use of your time and puts all the necessary resources at your fingertips. There are no set course start dates; you can start whenever you are ready, and your tutors and student services will check in on your progress and help you every step of the way.
Watch this video to see how online learning works:
Absolutely! You’ve got an 8-day cooling-off period (trial period) at the start of your course. Take that time to review all your learning material and get a feel for online learning. If you decide the course isn’t for you within the trial period, you’ll get a full money-back guarantee*.
An AAT Qualification is an internationally recognised certification. Being AAT Qualified gives employers the confidence that you meet internationally recognised standards.